July Final Friday
Join us on July 29 for Final Friday at the Rail Park! This free event will focus on Book Arts and zine making, highlighting the interrelationship between self and community. Artist Gina Kim will guide participants through a prompt and Iffy Books will be displaying zines from their library to spark inspiration for book and zine creation. Participants will have the opportunity to have their work photographed and added to the Rail Park Time Capsule. Artists of all levels are welcome to participate - experience in book or zine making is not necessary! Book and zine making supplies and guidance will be provided.
The conversations and artwork produced during this event will inform a larger Mural Arts community engagement process for the installation of a new mural in Chinatown, designed by Gina Kim.
Registration is not required but is encouraged.
Things to remember:
- The Rail Park has one ADA-accessible entrance on Noble Street. The Callowhill entrance requires using stairs.
- Please dress comfortably and appropriately for a summer evening event. We will provide a canopy that will offer shade and relief from the sun while it’s still out.
- We will provide book and zine making supplies, but you are welcome to bring your own as well!
- The staff and volunteers at this event will be speaking English.
Want to grab a drink before or after the event?
The Trestle Inn is offering Happy Hour prices until 8 PM, featuring a special Rail Park cocktail on the menu.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- The Rail Park has one ADA-accessible entrance on Noble Street. You can enter the Rail Park by ramp East of Broad on Noble Street, or by stairs on Callowhill Street between 11th and 12th St. The Callowhill entrance requires using stairs.
- The Rail Park is completely outdoors with the tree cover only. We will provide canopies that will offer shade and relief from the sun while it’s still out. We recommend dressing appropriately for the weather, with comfortable and protective clothing.
- There are no restrooms at the Rail Park.
- Masking is strongly encouraged within six feet of other people. We will have protective face masks and hand sanitizer available at the park.
- Please refer to our full Know Before you Go Guide for more information about how to navigate the park safely and comfortably.
We look forward to seeing you at the park!