August Final Friday: Bike Night
Join us for Final Friday: Bike Night at the Rail Park!
Join FRP, Indego, and Trek for Bike Night with bike-themed activities, bike safety info, and local bike resources plus refreshments and free samples fromThe Rounds Co. We have two bike riding sessions for riders of all levels taking place:
Ride to the Rail Park!
Trek is leading a guided, 1.5 mile bike ride beginning in Center City, end ending at the Rail Park. Registration is required for the bike ride with Trek. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. We'll meet at 5:45pm at 1923 Chestnut Street and finish the ride at The Rail Park (1300 Noble Street).
New to biking, or need a refresher on how to ride?
Join Indego and Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia for an hour long Learn to Ride session at the Rail Park, beginning at 7 PM! This session is open to riders of all levels. Participants will learn basic riding skills and safety tips, before taking off on a ride along Noble Street with assistance from Indego and Bicycle Coalition instructors. Registration is required. Participants must be 14+ and children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Meet at the Rail Park (1300 Noble Street).
Things to remember:
- The Rail Park has one ADA-accessible entrance on Noble Street. The Callowhill entrance requires using stairs.
- Please dress comfortably and appropriately for a summer evening event.
- If you do not have your own bike and would like to join the Trek ride, there are Indego bikes available to rent at nearby stations. To find a station, click here. Use code INDEAS22 to get 30 days of rides for just $10! Indigo bikes will be provided for the Learn to Ride session.
- Indego and Bicycle Coalition will provide support for first-time and first-time-in-a-long-time riders.
- During this bike ride, the group will travel on the street alongside vehicular traffic.
- The staff and volunteers at this event will be speaking English.
Want to grab a drink after the event?
The Trestle Inn is offering Happy Hour prices until 8 PM, featuring a special Rail Park cocktail on the menu.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- The Rail Park has one ADA-accessible entrance on Noble Street. You can enter the Rail Park by ramp East of Broad on Noble Street, or by stairs on Callowhill Street between 11th and 12th St. The Callowhill entrance requires using stairs.
- The Rail Park is completely outdoors with the tree cover only. We will provide canopies that will offer shade and relief from the sun while it’s still out. We recommend dressing appropriately for the weather, with comfortable and protective clothing.
- There are no restrooms at the Rail Park.
- Masking is strongly encouraged within six feet of other people. We will have protective face masks and hand sanitizer available at the park.
- Please refer to our full Know Before you Go Guide for more information about how to navigate the park safely and comfortably.
We look forward to seeing you at the park!