June Final Friday
Join us on the Final Friday of June (June 24th) for a plant swap and evening social with refreshments, and educational mini-sessions with urban gardener and consultant Desiree Butler. Whether you’re a seasoned plant parent or new to caring for plants this event will connect you with other plant enthusiasts in the community. This event prioritizes exchange! BYO cuttings, potted plants, pots, soil, tools, and other materials to trade. Attendees are asked to please limit sales of plants and accessories. Friends of the Rail Park will provide a canopy for shade, refreshments, music, and some extra pots.
Attendees are welcome to sit and lounge anywhere in the park while organizing their trades. There will be the main gathering and information area in the middle of the park (at the platform area) where FRP staff and Desiree will be stationed for support and to chat. We’ll begin the event there.
Things to remember:
- The Rail Park has one ADA-accessible entrance on Noble Street. The Callowhill entrance requires using stairs.
- Please dress comfortably and appropriately for a summer evening event. We will provide a canopy that will offer shade and relief from the sun while it’s still out.
- Bring any number of plants/cuttings/other materials you’d like to trade or use. Please remember to check that all plants are free of pests and diseases before bringing them to the swap. Plants that need to be rehabilitated/homed or need expert consultation are welcome.
- Please keep in mind that this event prioritizes exchange. Plant sales are strictly limited.
Want to grab a drink before or after the event?
Get your first beer for $4 at Love City Brewing! Just tell your server that you're coming from or going to the Final Friday event at the Rail Park. The Trestle Inn is also offering Happy Hour prices until 8 PM, featuring a special Rail Park cocktail on the menu.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- The Rail Park has one ADA-accessible entrance on Noble Street. You can enter the Rail Park by ramp East of Broad on Noble Street, or by stairs on Callowhill Street between 11th and 12th St. The Callowhill entrance requires using stairs.
- The Rail Park is completely outdoors with the tree cover only. We will provide canopies that will offer shade and relief from the sun while it’s still out. We recommend dressing appropriately for the weather, with comfortable and protective clothing.
- There are no restrooms at the Rail Park.
- Masking is strongly encouraged within six feet of other people. We will have protective face masks and hand sanitizer available at the park.
- Please refer to our full Know Before you Go Guide for more information about how to navigate the park safely and comfortably.
We look forward to seeing you at the park!